We realize that the individual is the most important asset of any society, and we take great pride in helping members of our community realize their goals of attaining a college education. In 2010, we started an essay contest to help students pay for their educational expenses. While we started three years ago with awarding a total of $500 to two students, we have grown by ten folds since then. This year, we are proud to announce that we will be awarding $5,000 to eight students. The total sum of awards will be distributed in two categories, split between an equal number of male and female contestants, of which the top two students will receive $1,000 each and the remaining six students will receive $500 each.
Eligibility, and Terms and Conditions:
- Essay must be no more than 600 words
- The participant must be a current undergraduate student, or a high school senior applying to a college or university
- Only original work will be accepted. Essays will be checked using anti-plagiarism software.
- Deadline for submissions is December 20
- Winners will be announced at the festival
- Essays will be graded using our Essay Contest Rubric
- Participants are not required to attend the festival to be chosen
Official Essay Contest Sponsor:
Essay Contest prompt:
What is the best advice that you have ever received, and how have you implemented it in your life?
The application is closed. Good luck to those who applied!